WASHINGTON (WTNH) – The US Department of Labor has launched a new website that offers veterans several practice services.
According to a Labor Department, a new website brings together pursuit banks, state practice offices, American Job Centers, opportunities in top-trending attention sectors, and employer assistance in a singular online location.
“There are many resources for veterans seeking practice and for those employers fervent to sinecure veterans, though it’s mostly formidable for both groups to know where to start,” pronounced Assistant Secretary of Labor for Veterans’ Employment and Training Mike Michaud. “Veterans.gov brings those resources together in one place, creation it an effective initial stop on a trail to suggestive employment.”
Labor officials contend that a site has turn a “first stop” in a practice hunt routine for veterans, transitioning use members, and their spouses. It will also be a profitable apparatus for employers seeking to sinecure veterans and their spouses.
- One-on-one assistance in a scarcely 2,500 American Job Centers in communities nationwide.
- Veterans’ Job Bank/National Labor Exchange online pursuit listings.
- Searchable career paths by industry, by likeness to troops careers, or by keyword.
- Links to authorized internal training programs, colleges and universities.
- Resources from sovereign partners to bond with industry-specific career programs in sectors including agriculture, transportation, energy/utilities, homeland confidence and other sovereign employment.
- Tools to learn how to turn an businessman and to start a business.
- Connection to a Veterans Employment Center portal.
- Ability to bond with a VETS’ informal employer overdo specialists to entrance internal resources for assembly your singular employing needs.
- Ability to upload accessible openings and position descriptions to a Veterans’ Job Bank/National Labor Exchange database.
- Access to “America’s Heroes during Work,” a giveaway toolkit to support employers seeking to sinecure veterans.
- Ability to make a joining to sinecure veterans on a Veterans Employment Center portal.
The website is located during veterans.gov .