This year’s Small Business Administration endowment winners featured a far-reaching operation of recipients, from hospitality, to manufacturers, to food producers — all contributing to flourishing Wisconsin’s economy.
In all, 7 tiny businesses and 6 people and organizations perceived awards during a 30th annual Small Business Awards Breakfast hold Jun 5 during a Hilton Milwaukee City Center in downtown Milwaukee. About 350 people from opposite Wisconsin were on palm as SBA district executive Eric Ness introduced speakers and presented awards.
The Small Business Person of a Year endowment went to Daniel Sidner and Joseph Muench, owners of Black Shoe Hospitality that operates Milwaukee restaurants Maxie’s, Blue’s Egg and Story Hill BKC. Co-owner Sidner thanked his government group seated during a front table, along with a SBA and Milwaukee-area bankers who supposing appropriation to grow a business, and generally Muench, his business partner and conduct chef.
Other Milwaukee-area endowment recipients enclosed Thomas Muldoon of American Exchange Services Inc. of Hartford, Small Business Exporter; Kathryn Jackson, Protect Your Pumps LLC, Milwaukee, named Young Entrepreneur of a Year; and Steve and Lauren Schultz of Purple Door Ice Cream in Milwaukee, respected as Emerging Small Business.
The categorical sponsors for this year’s awards breakfast were Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren SC, Associated Bank, Wisconsin Business Development and a Milwaukee Business Journal.
See a trustworthy slideshow for some-more on a event. A finish list of a 2015 winners is enclosed below.
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION WISCONSIN AWARD WINNERS
- Small Business Person of a Year: Daniel Sidner and Joseph Muench of Black Shoe Hospitality (Maxie’s, Blue’s Egg, Story Hill BKC), Milwaukee
- Small Business Exporter: Thomas Muldoon, American Exchange Services Inc., Hartford
- 8a Graduate of a Year: J. Harry Lum, Convenience Electronics Inc., McFarland
- Young Entrepreneur of a Year: Kathryn Jackson, Protect Your Pumps LLC, Milwaukee
- Jeffrey Butland Family Owned Small Business: Krista Galbraith, KS Manufacturing, Ixonia
(Honorable Mention — Alsum Farms Produce Inc., Cambria)
Receive Milwaukee Business Journal’s Morning Edition and Afternoon Edition newsletters and breaking news alerts.