Director of Finance – Michigan Radio – WUOM Michigan Public Media
Michigan Public Media (MPM) seeks a full-time Director of Finance for a domicile in Ann Arbor to yield vital turn financial care for a multi-market statewide open radio organisation famous as Michigan Radio, Your NPR News Station.
The Director of Finance will be a vital thought-partner, and news to a Executive Director. The successful claimant will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and rise an inner group to support a following areas: finance, business formulation and budgeting, tellurian resources, and administration. The Director of Finance will play a vicious purpose in partnering with a comparison care group in vital preference creation and handling operations as Michigan Radio continues to raise a peculiarity programming and build capacity.
This is a extensive event for a financial and operations personality to maximize and strengthen a inner ability of a well-respected, high-impact organization. The Director of Finance plays an critical purpose in a altogether government of MPM, that has an annual bill of over $ 7.5 million and 61 full and part-time employees.
The Director of Finance is obliged for all financial, accounting, inner audit, and tellurian apparatus functions of Michigan Radio.
The Director of Finance would approach a organization’s financial formulation and accounting practices; conduct a development, monitoring, and display of budgets; manipulate a organization’s financial and accepting staff; coordinate annual audits with a Office of University Audits and a outward open accounting organisation for financial statements; conduct donor gift, corporate and extend funds; manipulate all aspects of financial correspondence for sovereign saved programs: Corporation Public Broadcasting (CPB), Community Service Grant (CSG), Annual Financial Report (AFR), Station Activity Survey (SAS); manipulate all aspects of tellurian resources correspondence for radio operations, including Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) filings for Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and CPB policy; and yield ubiquitous care in a areas of accounting, finance, and ubiquitous business matters.
In further to superintendence and support in aiding a dialect heads with a growth and monitoring of a annual budget, a Director of Finance assists both a dialect heads and executive staff group with vital planning, financial research and advice.
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or associated degree
- 10 or some-more years of applicable believe of comparison turn financial and accounting; ideally 6+ years of extended financial and operations government experience
- The ideal claimant has believe of final shortcoming for a peculiarity and calm of all financial data, credentials of financial statements in suitability with Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards, stating and review coordination for possibly a multiplication or poignant module area, and has preferably overseen a tellurian resources duty previously
- Ability to interpret financial concepts to effectively combine with programmatic and fundraising colleagues who might not indispensably have a financial background
- A proven lane record in grants management
- Experience and proven ability with accounting systems and databases; believe of MPathways and Wolverine Access is a plus
- Technology savvy with believe selecting and overseeing program installations and handling relations with program vendors; believe of accounting and stating software
- A successful lane record in environment priorities; penetrating analytic, classification and problem elucidate skills that support and capacitate sound preference making
- Excellent communication and attribute building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a accumulation of inner and outmost stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with a ability to flower in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and loyalty to a goal of Michigan Radio
How to Apply:
Apply online by a University of Michigan practice website. Go to http://www.umjobs.org and click on Job Search. Search for Job ID #123011. You can also entrance this information at: http://michiganradio.org
No phone calls, emailed or faxed resumes will be accepted.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative movement employer.