A Lewisburg team replaced another team from the same school in the top spot of the Stock Market Game’s high school division.
But team 37 from Milton Area is on top of the middle school division for the fourth week.
16 high schools and 13 middle schools are participating in the game in which high school and middle school teams each manage a hypothetical investment of $100,000 in stocks, bonds and mutual funds and make buying and trading decisions based on the stock market. They track their investments in real time to see how those decisions would have played out in the markets had the investments been real.
The Stock Market Game is sponsored by Economics Pennsylvania, The Northumberland National Bank and The Daily Item.
After six weeks, Lewisburg Area High School team 1664 has a total equity of $133,738.60, leading former first-place holder Mifflinburg Area 1128 by more than $13,700. Lewisburg 1664 was in second when Mifflinburg led two weeks ago.
A week later, Lewisburg’s team 1674 vaulted into first place with total equity of $125,093.13, pushing Mifflinburg to second, despite Mifflinburg increasing its total equity by more than $9,000 to $120,261.02.
In the middle school division, Warrior Run team 929 moved up from sixth to second place last week and has a total equity of $112,589.22, compared to number one Milton Area’s $115,294.81.
Carolyn Shirk, vice president of EconomicsPennsylvania, said the game’s grand finale event is on April 28 at 10:30 a.m. at Susquehanna University’s Stretansky Concert Hall.
The current standings of the top six teams in each division, followed by their total equity and advisers, are as follows:
1. Lewisburg Area 1664. $133,738.60, Michael Creeger
2. Mifflinburg Area 1128, $120,022.97, Danielle Dressler
3. Sunbury Christian Academy 1608, $117,547.66, Matthew Bastian
4. Selinsgrove Area 1198, $114,815.66, Donna Gavitt
5. Midd-West 417, $111,298.22, Brenda Flanders
6. Shamokin Area 835, $110,219.74, David Kopitsky
1. Milton Area 37, $115,294.81, Seth Reitz
2. Warrior Run 929, $112,589.22, Jeremy Betz
3. Shikellamy 1575, $110,154.50, Eric Attinger
4. Sunbury Christian Academy 1617, $109,410.92, Matthew Bastian
5. Midd-West 283, $108,315.71, Wendy Shaffer
6. Shamokin Area 1923, $108,313.68, Ty Crossley
Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow Sylvester on Twitter @JoepSylvester