A few weeks ago we lifted a subject of practice options for people with autism spectrum disorders, since wouldn’t it be good if a a heated interests of people with autism translated into jobs–even careers?
I followed adult by conducting an spontaneous consult with supporters of my Facebook Page–a existence check of sorts–to find out what kinds of jobs autistic adults on varying places on a spectrum are finding:
- “My son has a pursuit for compensate nonetheless not unequivocally many hours. And a proffer job. He loves them both and continues to learn and grow since of a opportunities. We are anticipating that he will have some-more hours in both jobs. He is not quite high functioning though he has had good support by this process.”
- “My son, 17, got a pursuit by a workability module around a internal high school. He is doing drift upkeep for a internal art festival.”
- “My large hermit does, and he’s had it for about 6 years now. He’s a dishwasher during a internal casino. we couldn’t be some-more unapproachable of him for operative full time.”
- “I’m am adult with autism, and a parent. I’m 32. we can get a job, though frequency keep it. Workplace family are stretched (I tend to get dismissed for what bosses understand as me intelligent mouthing, dissapoint other employees, etc.). I’m in college now posterior a grade in mechatronics engineering with 130 I.Q., though we constantly question, is it unequivocally going to matter? As in, will we not still have a same problems in a workplace? :::sigh:::”
- ” My son only started operative during AshCraft Industries, a stable work preserve where he puts tools together.He gets paid by a hour and by a square and he is creation adult to 500 a day. He unequivocally likes it.”
- Our son works by his school, one year during a pet preserve and for a past dual doing bureau work, this is unequivocally part-time. He is 19 and will be starting a internal module where he will have a coach and they will try to compare him with a pursuit he has seductiveness in.”
- “My roughly 23 yr aged had his unequivocally initial paid pursuit for 3 weekend heading adult to Jul 4 bagging during a fireworks store so we are looking for practice again. The feedback we get is he doesn’t speak well, duh, he also doesn’t wish to have to speak to people as partial of his job.”
- “My daughter has struggled with propagandize though it hasn’t dampened her ambitions. She found a pursuit with a association that does after propagandize scholarship classes and camps for kids while she completes drill in Biology and hopefully Molecular Genetics. She is 24.”
- “My son is 15 and unequivocally most wants a pursuit though can't doing being told what to do or have things steady to him. We are in a smashing SCC module that will yield adult to 3 some-more years of drill and learn him how to be eccentric as good as give him pursuit training.”
- “My father employs an autistic immature male as a sign dancer. Not a lot of money, though there are unequivocally few instructions to follow and no business to bargain with. My father used to have some frustrations with a immature male and came tighten to banishment him, until a 2 year aged son was diagnosed with autism. He realizes that this could be a son some day. We would wish for a association to be bargain with a son.”
- “My son is a tutor-counselor(TC) during a ceiling firm module a a internal college. He is in assign of about 10 students who live on campus and are there for college prep. He even had a tyro contend he was her best TC since he helped her by her task on her own. He’s also a full time tyro during Northeastern University as a English major/ education. Very tough infrequently means he can get ‘socially tired’.”
- “We have attempted to find my son a job.He is 18 though have not had success yet. He only graduated from high propagandize and will now try attending a technical college.”
- “My son is 28 and graduated cum laude from college and got a paralegal certificate though could not find a pursuit after looking for 3 years that caused vital basin and anxiety.”
- “My son is 40 has low functioning ASD and is nonverbal. He is in a seminar setting. He lives in residential care.”
And from a 50 year aged male on a autism spectrum:
“We unequivocally need to remove a thought that all on spectrum are mechanism whizzes. we myself am terrible during these things and we can’t form to save my life. we like welding machine and tech things and I’m certain many others and their families do to LOOK during THIS would we sinecure me as a receptionist or any office/computer pursuit NO!!!! though we would sinecure me as a welder that I’m training for.”
As we said, these are formula of an spontaneous poll.
Will we tell me about your experience here?
In partial 3 of this array (I only motionless it should be a series), resources for folks with autism and other disabilities in a pursuit market.
Do we have questions? Contact me HERE and we will do my unequivocally best to help.